It is the process of drawing shapes on a piece of wood, by burning lines into the surface of the wood in various intensities and patterns, with a soldering iron tool. The art form has been practiced by a number of cultures including the Egyptians since the dawn of recorded history. Pyrography means “writing with fire”, from the Greek pur (fire) and graphos (writing). These chessmen are elegant, masterfully made with an impressive weight and will be a conversation piece in your home.
- Traditional Staunton style chess pieces
- Pieces are solid boxwood – elegant hand carved pyrography design on black stained wood
- Pieces are handpolished & weighted for better stability during play
- King measures 3.94 in. with 1.5 in. diameter base
- Includes 34 chessmen (2 extra queens) with felt bottoms