The generously sized chessmen are weighted and made of kari and sheesham wood. They are hand-polished and feature a 3.5 inch king. This is a handsome chess set to be cherished for generations. Modern chess was invented in Europe, based on an Arabic game (Shatranj) that was based on an Indian game (Chaturanga). During the Middle Ages it spread across Europe and evolved into the game we know and love today. Chess is a game of infinite variations and possibly the most challenging strategy game ever created, it has lasted through the centuries and is played in every corner of the world.
- English Staunton style chess pieces are weighted & handpolished
- Crafted from sheesham & kari wood
- King measures 3.5 in. with 1.63 in. diameter base
- Pieces collectively weigh 2.4 lbs
- Camphor wood veneer board with inlay and pull-out drawers for storage of pieces
- Board measures 19 x 19 x 1.5 in. with 2 in. squares
- Includes 32 chessmen with felt bottoms